Updated: Nov 6, 2021
Assignment for Nov. 18th meeting
Luke 3:15-18 21-22 15Everyone was hoping for Messiah to come, and all were wondering in their hearts about John. 16John answered them all, saying, I baptize you with water, but
he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 17His winnowing fork is in his hand, to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”18So, with many other exhortations, he
preached good news to the people.
21Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been
baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you, I am well pleased.”
New words: hoping, Messiah, wondering, exhortations, dove
1. What do people hope for today? What do you hope for?
2. How do people today decide what is good? How do you determine good from evil?
3. What did people see and hear when Jesus was baptized? How do you think Jesus and John felt?
4. How did John know Jesus was Messiah and the Son of God?
5. What were some of the critical decisions you made in the past that made you feel good?