Updated: Nov 29
A four-part discussion series:
1. Finding purpose in the turmoil of life.
2. Discover God through the miracle of the relationships.
3. Religion: a spiritual opium or living water for a thriving and balanced life.
4. The foundation of a thriving and happy life: faith, hope and love.
Part 1: Finding purpose in the turmoil of life.
Share with us a typical day of life. - What did you think when you wake up? - What was your mood? - What were you look forward to? - What did you dread it about?
Is life fair to you? - Yes - No - I do not know.
My perspective of Life:
- There is a season and a time for everything. https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-1.htm
- Life is to be enjoyed. https://biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/3-13.htm
- Why so much suffering in the world?
Finding God in the turmoil of life. https://www.bible.com/bible/111/ACT.17.24-28.niv
4. What does "Finding God" mean to you? - A new perspective - A refugee - A new lease on life - freedom - fear
Part 2: Discover God through the miracle of the relationships.
What is the definition of "relationship?" https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=171&q=relationship&cvid=a69cddaa8c9a4bbe9852332b90c91ede&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQABhAMgYIAhAAGEAyBggDEAAYQDIGCAQQABhAMgYIBRAAGEAyBggGEC4YQDIGCAcQABhAMgYICBAAGEDSAQg0MTQ4ajBqMagCALACAA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=LCTS
How are we affected by relationships? https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/relationships a. What are some of the ways we cope with difficult relationships? b. How can we rise from ashes?
The relationship, the gateway to God. a. When we are in despair, God opens a new door. https://biblehub.com/matthew/5-3.htm b. His burden is light. https://www.bible.com/bible/111/MAT.11.28-30.niv c. Your eye is the window to your soul. https://biblehub.com/matthew/6-22.htm d. Love, opens your heart to God. https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.13.4-7.niv
Part III Religion: a spiritual opium or living water for a thriving and balanced life.
What are some characteristics of drug addiction? Seeking pleasure Avoiding pain https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/addiction
Why do you think some people think religion is like opium? https://biblehub.com/matthew/23-27.htm
What are some of the signs we can tell if someone if living a thriving life? How can we be different? https://www.bible.com/bible/111/PSA.1.1-3.niv